How to Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram – Facebook’s applications, such as Instagram, are notorious for saving users’ login info. While it can be convenient, other people could easily access your account if they can access your phone. As a result, many users remove the remembered Instagram account as a way to avoid exposing their account. Despite being very effective, not many people know how to do it. So, here’s how to remove a remembered account on Instagram.
How to Remove the Instagram Account on the App
There are different methods how you can remove a remembered account on Instagram. The first method we will try is removing your Instagram account via the app.
Do Not Save Your Login Info
This method is fruitful if you want to log out of your Instagram account without leaving any trace of your login info. Fortunately, Instagram doesn’t automatically save your login info. Usually, you will be given the option to stop the app from saving your login details. So, here’s how to remove your Instagram account from the app.
1. Open the Instagram app, then select your profile page.
2. Select the Options menu in the top right corner, indicated by three horizontal lines.
3. Select Settings, then choose Log Out.
4. A popup window will allow you to save or not save your login info. In this case, untick the “Remember my login info” option.
5. Proceed by pressing the Log out button.
Remove Your Account
Once logged out of your Instagram, you can remove your Instagram account from the app. To do this, go to the Instagram login screen. To remove your account, select the Remove button. Then, confirm your action by pressing the Remove button again in a popup window. Lastly, if you log into Instagram using your Facebook credential, you might also need to log out from Facebook.
How to See Who Saved Your Instagram Post
How to Turn off Read Receipts on Instagram
How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post
How to Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram on a PC
If you don’t have access to your phone now, you can use your PC to remove a remembered Instagram account. Removing your Instagram account from the PC version of the app is not as straightforward as using your phone. Therefore, we recommend you use the browser on your PC instead. Here’s how to remove a remembered account on Instagram using your PC. | How to Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram
1. Open your Instagram account via an internet browser on your PC.
2. Once you are logged in, select your Profile page. Then, select Settings (gear icon) next to the Edit Profile button.
3. Select Log Out from the popup menu window.
4. After you log out of your devices, you can increase your Instagram account security by changing the password.
So, that’s all you need to know on how to remove a remembered account on Instagram. Privacy is one of the most important aspects of protection in social media. For most of us, leaked privacy is almost similar to going outside without any clothing, which is very embarrassing. So, it is essential to keep your privacy secure, especially when using media-sharing platforms like Instagram.