What are the 10 best guitar brands in the world? Guitar players at all levels – from beginners to professionals, and even amateurs who just want a solid instrument for practice – have plenty of options when it comes to choosing their next guitar.
From Fender and Gibson to Ibanez and Schecter, there is no shortage of choices out there. In this article, we'll explore the 10 best guitar brands that offer something for everyone.
What makes these guitars so good? What features should you look for if you're buying one yourself? How much should you expect to pay?
We answer all those questions below!
List of Best Brands
- Taylor Guitars
1. Gibson: Best Guitar Brands
Gibson is a manufacturer of musical instruments. The company was founded in 1894 after Orville Gibson patented a design for mandolin amplifiers.
These guitars have been around for a long time. They make their own pickups too, which is something that some people don't like about them. But they're still really good and they have a really good reputation in the guitar world.
One might argue, "but Gibson's sound is much better." This argument makes sense because Gibsons are more high-quality. However, I do not consider the sound to be more important than price when it comes to buying a guitar.
Moreover, Gibson is one of the best guitar brands in the world. They have always been leading in terms of innovation and quality.
- Able use any pickup
- Available as a long-term rental worldwide
- 22 fret neck with an adjustable truss rod and longer scale than most guitars for better string tension and brighter tone
- Custom Shop models are available, such as the Custom Authentic Les Paul Standard.
- World-famous guitar with superior workmanship and incomparable sound.
- A strong, thin guitar neck bolted on rather than set in like most guitars.
Pricing of Gibson
The price of Gibson guitars starts at around $1,000. Gibson USA guitars are moderately priced and the best guitars for beginners. Gibson is also important for its quality instruments. The guitar is made with a 'Neck Thru' construction, which makes it easier to play and enhances sound quality.
2. Epiphone: Best Guitar Brands
Epiphone is an American musical instrument company founded in 1873 by Anastasios Stathopoulos. It was originally formed as a spin-off of Stathopoulo's counterpart, the New York Mandolin Company. During its early history, Epiphone sold acoustic instruments such as harps and pianos. And their guitars are of great value for beginners. They also offer more acoustic and electric guitars as well.
Overall, my thoughts about Epiphone are that they offer a quality product at a very reasonable price. While some people may doubt the quality, I think that Epiphone is a very good beginner guitar manufacturer. It is so because their instruments are reliable and sound great for most playing situations.
- Epiphone's acoustic guitars are a great value for beginners.
- Epiphone is the most reliable guitar manufacturer on the market today, with models that range from basic to custom design.
- They offer a full line of guitars including classical and 12 string models.
- Offer bass guitars as well as acoustic/electric models.
- Many models include a custom label or symbol pertaining.
Pricing of Epiphone
The starting pricing for an Epiphone acoustic guitar is between $199 and $399. I have seen a lot of beginner-level players that only use Epiphone guitars when learning guitar. While the company makes higher-end acoustic and electric guitars, some of the best-selling models are available at a low price.
3. Fender: Best Guitar Brands
Fender is a manufacturer of guitars, bass guitars, amplifiers, and other musical instruments. This company was founded in 1946 by Leo Fender (in Fullerton, California). The company also owns the showroom chain Guitar Center.
They are one of the most well-known guitar brands in the world. They have been a staple of American music since the early forties, and their designs have evolved with the changing musical landscape. Additionally, Over the years, they have become a mark of quality for musicians around the world.
To be honest, Fender is a good brand. I like their products because they are known for making high-quality guitars.
They also make amps and other sound equipment that are great too. Another thing I like about them is that they have been around for a long time and they have a good reputation.
Their instruments can see by famous musicians like Eric Clapton, Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and more.
- Fender guitars are made with precision and expertise.
- They offer a wide variety of products to suit any style or budget.
- They are among the most popular brands of instruments.
- Many professional musicians use them.
- They have excellent resale value and a good reputation for quality and reliability.
Pricing of Fender
The pricing of the Fender guitar varies depending on the features that you want. If you are looking for a customizable guitar just according to your specifications, then it will be more expensive. For example, if you're looking for a basic setup, the starting price is $150.
4. Ibanez: Best Guitar Brand
Ibanez is a guitar company that was established in 1957. It was originally located in Japan, and it moved to California in 1962. They make electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitars, and they also design their own line of amps.
Some well-known artists who play Ibanez guitars are Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Mike Oldfield, John Petrucci, and Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom.
Ibanez guitars are really good guitars and they have a lot of quality to them. They feel really nice when you're playing them and they sound really good, too. I don't think that there's any other guitar company that can come close to comparing with them.
- This guitar brand produces electric guitars, acoustic guitars, bass guitars, amplifiers, and other guitar instruments.
- Ibanez has been in the business of manufacturing musical instruments for over 10 years.
- It also offers an extensive range of guitar styles.
- Their products are priced competitively in the market.
- They offer a wide range of affordable packages which are cost-effective.
Pricing of Ibanez
Ibanez guitars are made in Japan by FujiGen Gakki The Ibanez guitars vary greatly in price. For example, the Ibanez RG527 is worth $499, the Ibanez RGT220 is $699, and the Ibanez RG770 is $999. Moreover, the prices vary because of factors such as the type of guitar or the company that produces it.
5. Martin Guitars: Best Guitar Brands
The company Martin Guitars is a world-renowned guitar manufacturer that is based in Nazareth, Pennsylvania. The company was founded in 1833 by German immigrant Christian Frederick Martin.
Its reputation for crafting some of the highest quality guitars in the world has continued to grow over the years. It manufactures acoustic and electric stringed instruments, including violins, cellos, banjos, ukuleles, and guitars.
Martin Guitar is great. They are high-quality guitars and fairly affordable. It's a great guitar for someone who is just starting to learn how to play or for someone who plays all the time. For years, Martin has made great guitars and they are really good guitars.
- Martin guitars are the most famous acoustic guitar in the world.
- They are made by a company that is competitive in every way.
- Moreover, they offer a warranty on their guitars
- These guitars are expensive and not for everyone.
Pricing of Martin
Among the 10 best guitar brands the pricing of Martin depends on the type of material used for the construction. These materials determine the price that is set for the guitar. Another aspect to consider is the level of craftsmanship in it. Also, the pricing of the Martin brand depends on the type of guitar you're looking to purchase. Most guitars are in the range of $200 to $600 dollars.
6. Taylor Guitars: Best Guitar Brands
They are a leading guitar company in the USA and build music instruments including guitars for live performances and in recordings. They make electric, acoustic, and classical guitars. The company was founded in 1974 by Bob Taylor.
They have become one of the most popular guitar brands in the world due to their quality guitars which sound great and also their durability.
Along with other features, some of the famous guitars they produce are 6 string Dreadnought "T5" Acoustic Guitar and 12 String Grand Concert "DA6" Acoustic Guitar.
Taylor Guitars Reviews
In my opinion, they produce some of the highest-quality acoustic guitars and electric guitars on the market.
- This company has a well-known line of guitars for many different types of players and the guitar models have a different sounds.
- You can find Taylor guitars for beginners, intermediate players, and those who are experts.
- They offer guitars in many different shapes and sizes
- Some of their woods come from sustainable forests
- Their guitars are available in acoustic, electric, and bass varieties
- Their guitars come with an onboard tuner, which is accessible from the front of the guitar, for easy tuning.
Pricing of Taylor Guitars
Taylor guitars have a wide range of prices depending on what model you're in but there is always a guitar for every price range. Furthermore, their Taylor brands start from $2,999. They also offer the best customer service so if you ever need help with anything at all they make sure to take care of it.
7. Yamaha Guitar: Best Guitar Brands in The World
Yamaha Music is a Japanese company that manufactures musical instruments. The company offers guitars, electronic pianos, drums, and various keyboards for different applications.
Music is not just a word for Yamaha, it seems to be their eternal mantra. The company has been active in the music industry since 1887 when they started out selling reed organs
Yamaha guitars are another name for quality and trust. It is also said that the first Yamaha guitars were manufactured as early as 1955.
Yamaha Guitar Reviews
I like Yamaha products, but it's important to know that they are more expensive than many other brands. I think it's worth paying the extra money for a Yamaha because you get better quality and a higher standard of craftsmanship. Yamaha is the best and only the beast among the 10 best guitar brands in the world
- Yamaha uses quality materials to make their instruments
- A Yamaha musical instrument is very lightweight and portable
- The keybed on a drum will wear over time and adjustment or replacement
- Yamaha has an extensive range of high-quality musical instruments making it one of the leading manufacturers worldwide.
- In addition, Yamaha offers a wide range of pianos ranging from an upright to a grand piano.
- Manufactures drums such as acoustic and electronic drums which make it comfortable for people to play drums easily.
Pricing of Yamaha Guitar
The Prices of Yamaha music Instruments such as guitars vary a lot. The most expensive are the pianos because they can be as high as $300-$3000.
8. D'Angelico: Best Guitar Brands
The D'Angelico brand is an American company that specializes in the production of guitars. The company was founded by John D'Angelico, who started the business in 1945.
By the 1960s, the company had a monopoly on guitar manufacturing in New York. D'Angelico guitars are not easy to come by: one must own an instrument to appreciate its quality and sound. Also, the unique style of these instruments makes them extremely valuable.
D'Angelico guitars and their tone are outstanding. There's really no other guitar you can get with that level of sound quality for anywhere near the price.
The only downside to these guitars is they are made in very short quantities, so if you want one, you need to act quickly!
- The production of a custom, handmade guitar can take over 100 hours.
- The sound is clear with a warm tone.
- Each D'Angelico guitar is handcrafted with the finest materials and capable of producing superior sound.
- D'Angelico Guitars can see in music videos for Josh Groban, Elton John, and Bruce Springsteen.
Pricing of D'Angelico
The price of a D'Angelico guitar can range anywhere from $300 to $8000 depending on the model. The most expensive models are custom built and feature extremely rare inlays and metals. Hence, D'Angelico guitars are famous among the 10 best guitar brands for their distinctive sound.
9. Benedetto: Best Guitar Brands
Benedetto Guitars is a famous guitar manufacturer. They have been making guitars for over 30 years. These guitars are made in the USA and are known for their great sound and quality.
This company produces a variety of guitars and guitar accessories. While Benedetto guitars are of great quality, they are not considered to be as high-end as some other guitar manufacturers.
For this reason, these Guitars are a very good choice for beginners/intermediate guitarists who want a high-quality sounding instrument without having to pay an arm and a leg.
Overall Guitars are good, and they're really great for beginners because the quality is so high.
Some people think they're too pricey. Others simply find them a little overpriced, but do not have anything to compare them to and can't say how much better the guitars are than other best guitar brands because they haven't tried out others.
Furthermore, Many other customers find their products affordable for the quality of instruments you get for the price!
- Benedetto Guitars has been manufacturing and distributing some of the highest quality guitars in the world.
- They have a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles for their customers to choose from.
- They also offer a variety of different types of tonewoods that can be selected by any customer.
- Benedetto also provides pickup options as well as fretboard options for its customers.
Pricing of Benedetto
The price for these guitars is not too bad. Benedetto-designed laminate guitars from $3,000 to $7,000 in price are available from a professional line.
10. Guild: Best Guitar Brand
Guild Guitar is a guitar company that provides guitars and other musical instruments. They have been in business since 1954. Guild Guitar has been a sponsor for various music festivals and performers.
Also, as they are most famous for their electric basses and acoustic guitars. The guild sponsors the Sundance Film Festival as well as the Jazz Foundation of America.
Furthermore, Guild also involves in charitable causes such as providing instruments to schools, supporting music education programs, and assisting with fundraising events to help non-profit organizations such as the American Cancer Society and Habitat for Humanity.
Many people think guild guitars are worth buying because of their excellent sound and regular maintenance.
There are a lot of guitar brands out there, and Guild is one of the most well-known ones. Many enthusiasts have generally commented good things about their Guild guitar.
Some special features that stand out for them include the varnish finish, level frets, gold hardware, or pickups.
- They offer custom guitars
- Their wide range of finishes
- Offering many different options for guitars such as single and double cutaway, full, 3/4, and Thinline body styles.
- “They produce guitars with a bright, ringing sound"
- The Guild Artist Collection is at the top of its class in guitar making.
- They also offer a variety of models that cater to any style of player.
Pricing of Guild
The cost of a guitar may range anywhere from $200 to $8000, depending on the model. Custom-built guitars are among the most costly, with inlays and alloys that are extremely unusual. Guild instruments have a distinct sound and stand in our list of 10 best guitar brands.
Summary: 10 best guitar brands
In short, after finalizing the 10 best guitar brands and my choice if you may ask.
I would highly recommend Benedetto, as they are a great guitar manufacturer for beginners and intermediate-level players. They offer many different options, including shapes, sizes, styles, and types of tonewoods.
But the guitars are not too good to be among the best in the industry but they are well design at an affordable price point with excellent quality sound.
Therefore, if you're looking for something that will last without breaking your bank or if you just want to learn how to play guitar before investing heavily in an instrument then Benedetto may be perfect for you!